jeudi, septembre 20, 2007
  can't recall when I last felt that way
I think that one good thing about being something of a transient person is that you really start to appreciate the things that not every place has to offer. When I was in Calgary, on the three Fridays I was working downtown I spent a couple solid hours after work walking around the downtown area taking it all in. I'd been away from the city long enough to feel like a bit of a tourist, but it was all still familiar enough to give me a sense of comfort. And since it's boomtown, there's always some old building being knocked down to make room for another, so there's lots to see.

In Ottawa, it's the weather and greenery I'm enjoying this month. Last month in Calgary it was already cooling off noticeably, and I hear it's getting pretty chilly there this week (i.e. flurries). Not that I want to rub it into anyone's face who lives there, but we're having a spectacular week of temperatures in the high 20s here. It's really, really nice to have the sun warming you and the leaves still on the trees. I think if I move back to Calgary I'm still going to find a way to spend the month of September in the East. Ha ha!

Calgary always gets the last laugh anyway - they'll be outside having patio drinks at some random point this winter when a Chinook blows through. I'll be sure to be there then.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home