mardi, septembre 04, 2007
  I feel it all
I was already pretty tired on Saturday. After being out Friday night visiting with an old friend, I really could have used a nap. We were throwing together one last family meal at the compound since cousin Mike and I were both flying out the next day. And it all happened so quickly. Mike and I were driving over to Jamie's new apartment to pick him up, and I somehow suggested that since it was the last night for both of us, we should maybe put in an effort to party. Mike is twenty, so I didn't really have to do much persuading; he was all for it.

We ate one last fabulous meal together - macaroni casserole, beans and wieners, muffins, and apple crumble, and then the beers came out. Another Mike showed up, we all packed into his car and headed to Reggie's in Kensington and hit the pool tables (cousin Mike is wicked good - watch out). Another Mike showed up, and the beer just kept flowing.

I guess now we know what happens when you get three Mikes, three Ryan women, and Jamie together - gongshow. It seemed like the night passed by so quickly, and we were off to Jamie's place (for more beer?). And then, shortly after, Gina, cousin Mike and I were hailing down a cab in Bridgeland, arriving back at the compound near 4 AM. Did I mention that cousin Mike had a 7 AM flight..? Eek.

I was lucky that my flight wasn't until dinnertime. I had the entire day to sleep in and eventually get packed for my journey back to good old Ottawa. I was pretty excited to have a direct flight, too. After travelling more than usual this year, I've become a bit impatient with connections.

And so I'm here, waiting for school to start, and trying to remember why. I need more sleep. More pics here.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home