jeudi, septembre 20, 2007
  why'd you fill my sorrow with words you've borrowed
I'm a little obsessed with Damien Rice, especially after having seen him play in Montreal. This is a bit of a long clip (has two songs), but he's just so good. The sad part of his music these days is that the woman seen sitting in this clip (she sits when she's not doing vocals?), Lisa Hannigan, who has recorded and performed with him for a long time, is no longer doing so. She wasn't in Montreal, and not to take away from Damien on his own, but there was definitely something missing.

I recently downloaded a BBC special that he recorded (with Lisa still with him) and it blows me away. It's so intense to see him perform his songs live. They start so slow and pretty and build into something hard and edgy - very powerful.

Have I convinced you yet?

 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home