dimanche, septembre 09, 2007
  with fiery eyes and dreams no one could steal

Well, I had a pretty spectacular weekend, travelling to Montreal to spend the afternoon at the Osheaga Music & Arts Festival. In truth, the sole reason that I purchased tickets to this event was to see Damien Rice, whose music I love, love, love. But I've recently also become a fan of Feist, so it was pretty nifty to see her, too. Devin was my travel companion, and we lucked out yesterday with a fantastically hot and sunny day.

The performances were pretty impressive, but they seemed a tad rushed, in that the artists were scheduled pretty much overlapping each other. Since there were two main stages side by side, it meant that one artist could get set up and sound-checked while the prior one performed. The crowd just shuffled back and forth on the sandy ground as each new artist began. Well, not me and Devin when Damien Rice was due to start. There was someone called "Dumas" playing French rock on one stage, so I wasn't too upset to miss him while we staked out a spot in front of the other stage. We scored a good viewing spot, as you can tell by my pictures (here) - we were pretty close to the stage, and we were standing about two inches higher than everyone else, on the plastic covering that protected electrical cables to the sound booth.

Damien put on a great show, but I thought he could have addressed the fans a bit more. I recognized all but one song, and he did a good job rocking all his tunes. It was over all too quickly, as he had to surrender the limelight to the Smashing Pumpkins, who were the final band of the night. We finished up our wine and beer, and listened to the Pumpkins from a distance (the venue had serious amplification, so you didn't need to be anywhere near the stage to hear the music), hopped on the Metro (the Montreal subway is cool), grabbed some pizza and called it a night.

It was good to get away.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home