dimanche, octobre 21, 2007
  I have already paid for all my future sins
Friday night after my midterm I treated myself to a movie at the Rideau Centre. Lately I've been feeling lonely and restless, so I fought the urge to go "home" afterwards and decided to do something that would help me lose myself for a while.

I saw the overly long-titled "Assassination of Jesse James (by the coward Robert Ford)". It was a really good movie, but be warned if you plan to see it, that it is long (around two hours and forty-five minutes), and has a bit of a slow pace. One glowing recommendation I can give is for the performance of Brad Pitt. Surprising, I know, because he's not generally known (in my books at least) for his acting. But this movie, he truly pulls it off. He's different than he usually is, and it works - you forget that it's Brad Pitt and get lost in the story. Just what I was looking for.

It hasn't been a very good week for me. I had several school deadlines to meet, and when you're sensing a general, but strong, lack of purpose about what you're doing, even a deadline isn't terribly useful to get you moving toward what you need to accomplish. Mostly I just end up feeling guilty about my lack of discipline and frustrated with myself for the seeming inability to care.

But don't worry, I think I still did alright on my accounting exam Friday. If you're wondering why I'm doing accounting for a political science degree, it's because I have to satisfy one elective criteria, so that's the one I chose. I figure it can't hurt my life to have a better understanding of financial matters. I loved the introductory accounting course I took in high school, so it's at least something I can wrap my head around. Another perk is that I ended up in the TV section of the course, so that means that class happens in my livingroom, which is always a bonus.

This weekend we are re-visiting summer for a bit here in Ottawa. I went on a nice 12 kilometre bike ride along the Rideau River, and some sections of the path were so covered with colourful leaves you almost couldn't see the pavement underneath. I stopped to take this shot (with my cellphone) at the halfway point of my ride - at Vincent Massey Park, where there are picnic tables and barbecue pits. Pretty lovely, huh?
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home