mardi, décembre 11, 2007
  would we get that old-time feeling
I feel like I've been in a bit of a sleep-deprived haze for too many days, and compounding the off-balanced feeling is the nagging sense that my two exams did not go very well. It isn't supposed to be like this.

This morning I fell asleep in front of the television just before CBC Newsworld started showing the Ethics Committee hearings yet again. I was drifting in and out of awareness so my dreams and the TV voices were combining into some crazy world where Karlheinz Schreiber used to live in my apartment and somebody saying he should have done the repairs that Mulroney told him to back then. Huh?

After I watched the coverage, I did some baking. Last week after I made my kale and bean soup I had extra white navy beans to use up. When I searched the internet for bean recipes, I stumbled on this unusual one for chocolate chip cookies. So it was a bit of an experiment making them, and they turned out okay for the most part, but the commenters who said that they were rather bland were correct. I'm not sure if they'll all get eaten - a little too boring. But heck, they've got beans in them!

It was interesting to watch the excerpts from Question Period today where the debate on the Chalk River Nuclear Plant / radio isotopes fiasco got pretty heated. I guess Harper wants to force the plant to start back up before the regulator thinks they should. I get confused when he makes everything into a partisan issue, though, and wanted him to back up his statements about the "liberal-appointed watchdog". Apparently he got some external advice indicating the reactor isn't as dangerous as the regulators think...? As Devin pointed out, these regulators aren't supposed to be political - their job is to be removed from politics, isn't it?
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home