mercredi, janvier 23, 2008
  I would give everything just for a taste
Something of an update with substance:

Since I was such a half-assed student last semester and ended up dropping two classes, I need to complete said two classes now, so I'm enrolled. Also, as I learned when investigating student loan funding for another term (I'm their best customer, don't you know), you need to be in at least three classes to qualify as a "full-time" student, so I decided to add another elective to my course load. Look at me, the keener all of a sudden.

So I'm taking International Relations (one that I dropped last term), Ontario Politics and Government, because it's taught by a very cool prof that I had last term for Canadian Provincial Politics, where we covered all the provinces besides Ontario, and since Financial Accounting went reasonably well, I'm taking the follow-up course called "Managerial Accounting".

The other part I should mention is that these are all evening classes, and two of them are even TV classes, so I actually don't have to be physically in class except once a week, which will be nice when I get the job I'm intending to get (uh, yeah right - are there any jobs in Ottawa?).

But a funny thing happened when I tried to get to that ONE silly little class. I couldn't find it. The course outline said that the class would be in "University Commons 214". Only, if you look at a campus map, there isn't anything with that name. There is a "Learning Commons" in the library, where I originally thought the class was. And there is a "Residence Commons" in, duh, the residence complex. Turns out that the University Commons is the Residence Commons, but I only found this out by emailing the prof to say, "duh? where's this?".

Add to this some glitch in setting my VCR to tape my livingroom lectures, and you get the typical miss-the-first-two-weeks-of-class scenario. Okay, typical for me anyway. But it's alright, I'm all on track now, got my first accounting assignment done, found my Ontario politics class, have the books for everything. Now I just need a job to fill my days. I'll let you know if there turns out to be any in Ottawa, 'cause in the meantime, I'm getting a little too good at yoga...
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home