mardi, janvier 15, 2008
  I'm hiding from the storm 'til the damage gets done
Yesterday I stopped to get a coffee and it only cost me seventy-nine cents! I was heading to the Justice Department for an interview and knew from my previous visit to their building that there was no coffee shops inside, so I ducked into a building across the street. I followed the escalator down to the food court and if I'd been more familiar with the place I would have maybe passed right by Edo Japan and gone to a proper coffee shop, but I wasn't sure what there was to choose from and I was in a hurry, so when I saw a fresh pot brewing next to the Japanese food, I darted over. Seventy-nine cents!

Do you know what it's like getting interviewed by the government? How they tell you to get there early so you can review a printed page of the questions you will be asked, and even provide you with a notepad and writing instruments to take notes and prepare your answers..? It's an interesting process.

Even more interesting was the notice I was given about a "role-playing" segment to the interview. I thought I would be spoken to rudely by a pretend co-worker / superior / client to test my interpersonal skills or something, but it was more fun than that. More along the lines of "go down the hall and deliver this agenda to Miss X, then go down the other way to Finance and deliver this invoice for processing". I laughed as I performed my duties.

On an unrelated matter, why do you suppose our eyelids aren't thicker? If the point is to keep out light, why don't they do that? In the lingering days of my headache from hell, I've found myself to be super-sensitive to light (wearing the sleeping mask religiously), and have pondered the absence of effective light-blocking eyelids.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home