lundi, février 11, 2008
  even if you try and hold me back there's nothing that you can gain
In December when I was writing exams, one night Devin came home with two cups of coffee from Tim's and handed one to me, saying, "this one is the decaf". He's got a serious caffeine tolerance so it doesn't matter to him if he consumes coffee before bed. I'm like the old lady who can't drink coffee after 3 pm. That night I sat in bed wide awake watching the hours tick by and knew there'd been a mistake. Which wouldn't have been a massive problem if I didn't have an exam the following evening that I was counting on getting rested up for. So be it, somehow I get through these things.

Yesterday around dinner time Devin brought me the cup of coffee I'd asked for a couple hours earlier in the afternoon. And I always forget that he makes his espressos with two shots, so they're that much more potent (he says that he made it half-caf this time, but I'm not so sure!). I could feel it kicking in as we made our way on the bus to the canal to meet Rama-lama for some skating. And I could feel it bouncing around inside me around 1 am, 2 am, 3 am. Even the after-skate wine didn't take the edge off that caffeine jolt.

And wouldn't you know it, I had a midterm tonight that I was planning to get rested up for. So I did some late-night studying, some early-morning studying, some mid-morning napping, and then some afternoon review. And you know, somehow I get through these things.

I can't help but think there's some kind of conspiracy to keep me from sleeping before my exams, though...
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home