jeudi, février 14, 2008
  even when she breaks my heart, it's music to my ears

I think I've almost mastered the making of a good butternut squash soup. I'd experimented with various pureed vegetable combinations before, and I think I was getting overly ambitious and mixing too many together, so this time I kept it simple. After baking a buttercup squash and a butternut squash, scooping out the good stuff and pureeing it, I also boiled a couple potatoes and pureed them. The whole mixture was blended together with a bit of milk, margarine, chicken broth and pepper, and I have to say that my soup is just about perfect this time.

The funny thing about squash soups is that they do not need cheese to add to the flavour. I typically put cheese on everything, so I did try it with one batch, but it's really not necessary, so I'm foregoing it this time.

This concludes your soup report.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home