jeudi, février 21, 2008
  okay, we'll do it your way, but this is the last time

It's a good thing it's our "spring" break at Carleton this week, because I haven't been so good at attending to any school work while I've been at my temp job. Fortunately the work is going pretty well. I went into the job blind because my [useless] agency didn't even explain what I was being sent in to do. Turns out that one of the executive assistants was going on vacation, so she spent the first day training me to do her job, then took off to Hawaii (sweet). The job consists mainly of answering the VP's phone and arranging her meetings, as well as keeping her on schedule. She's a super-cool lady who happens to be a bit of a social butterfly, so her meetings neither start nor end on schedule, as the talking before and during said meetings tends to run a little long. Ah well.

In other job news, I spent one morning this week attending another ridiculous test and interview for a different government department. It's interesting that so many of these jobs use the same type of questions to test your abilities. Proofreading, a short writing exercise, then way too much time to review interview questions in advance of the actual interview. But there again, a list of administrative tasks that one is supposed to prioritize and explain reasons for the choices. I used fifteen minutes of my allotted hour to do the test and interview prep, but then left my solitary confinement to seek out my interviewers early. I did not want to waste forty-five minutes of my morning in that room. Argh. I won't even get into the part about being interviewed by young French girls who could barely read the English interview questions to me. Good times.

My kitties are missing me this week; they've been spoiled by an unemployed person being home to chill with them all the time. That's Silker trying to look cute enough that I'll stay home with her. Nice try, Black!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home