mercredi, mars 05, 2008
  in these deep city lights, girl could get lost tonight

I don't want to count my chickens before they're hatched and all that, but it seems like maybe this one successful temp gig recently has given me some kind of credibility with my agency. They take a YEAR to send me on an assignment, and I'm pretty sure they heard some solid reviews, so all of a sudden they're calling me about other opportunities. I went on an interview today (that's me trudging through the snow to get there) - for another temp gig, which I find weird, but I guess that's how they do things here.

I've been scrambling this week to get my secret clearance for another government position, too. I mentioned this last year when I first attempted to complete the "secret" security clearance forms, but wow, is it comprehensive. To facilitate the information-gathering, I sent out a mass email to the family on Monday asking for all their details (middle names, employers, addresses). I had to cover all siblings and parents, including "step" relatives in this exercise, and that's eleven people in my family. Then I had to provide ten years of employment history, and ten years of residential history. I also had to find three character references and one "neighbourhood" reference. I find it kinda random that they want to talk to one's neighbour. I ended up attaching four Schedules to the forms with all my extra information - silly.

As I wait to hear about working again, I'm preparing for a midterm on Friday. My Global Politics class is a TV class, and I haven't been so good about watching or even taping the lectures this term (it's aired on Saturday evenings - I seem to forget), so I recently borrowed all the DVDs from the CUTV centre in order to take notes. It's tricky in a way, though, when you can so easily pause and rewind the lectures; I ended up with way more notes than if I'd been attending a live class. Ah well, better to be over-prepared, eh.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home