dimanche, mai 25, 2008
  are we stronger than we believe

Sometimes this is what you have to resort to when the bugs are too stupid to be deterred by gallons of bug juice. I don't think they were biting last night at Leslie Lake (might have been mostly blackflies?) but HOLY, they were annoying. They would just cluster in a cloud around you and fly right in your ears, eyes, wherever... It was such a beautiful spot to be, the bugs were the only thing wrong with our second camping excursion this season.

We spent a couple hours on the water yesterday practicing our kayaking skills, and I just had a blast. Instead of sharing a boat, we each got our own and it was so liberating to just paddle like crazy and feel the wind in my face and have the water splashing up on my feet as I bounced over the small waves.

Since it's still early in the season, we practically had our section of the campground all to ourselves, so it was incredibly peaceful. Last night just before bedtime, I had to just stand, head back, with my mouth open in awe at the explosion of stars in the sky above me. It was one of those clear nights where you just want to stare and stare. Alas, it was chilly and scary out there by myself, so I reluctantly inched my way into the tent.

More pictures and videos here.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home