jeudi, septembre 08, 2005
  I've been wandering 'round with the same old blues
Random looking-backs:

One year ago today:
I've been reminded how much walking a person does when they are a student. I think I'm losing weight already! And I'm very tired today (see previous posts about excessive last-hurrah-ing before leaving Calgary). My MWF schedule has a lot of breaks in it, so I'm still figuring out whether leaving campus in between class is practical. I gotta plan my snacks better so I'm not leaving specifically to eat cheap at home. Better to get my butt to the library and do some studying / researching / writing of papers.
Nine months ago today:
you know you're a student when... you wake up at some ungodly hour and think it's a good idea to get up and start studying. [Today: 5:23 AM] I must be stressed...!
Eight months and one day ago:
now that I've proved that I can do this school thing, I'm determined to be a star student this semester. Yup, I'm aiming for six marks in the 80s, people. It's easy to be ambitious at this point, of course. But why not? Staying focussed for the next twelve weeks shouldn't be too hard. I could be wrong about that, though.
Six months ago:
I actually skipped my two afternoon classes today. I convinced myself that I could afford to miss them in order to dedicate some time to my looming projects. I gotta hand in my religion paper on Thursday. I worked on it on the 8-hour plane ride from Amsterdam, but it needs work still.
Three months ago:
I almost doubled my running time tonight. Seventeen minutes, people - up from the miniscule ten minute jogs I started with. And it wasn't even too hard. I turned up the "house" playlist on my iPod, and it was fairly smooth sailing
One month and two days ago:
I had an amazing, amazing day whitewater rafting on the Kicking Horse River.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home